How our franchisees make money
How our franchisees make money
Multiple revenue streams and staking a claim as the go-to pet care experts in our communities gives EarthWise pet franchises an edge
The son of a groomer and an entrepreneur, EarthWise CEO Michael Seitz understands the EarthWise pet franchise business to his very core. The Seitz family opened their first grooming business in 1977 and the first retail store in 1978. By the end of the 1980s, they shifted to exclusively all-natural pet foods and products.
We love animals, and we believe responsible pet ownership includes proper nutrition, regular grooming and vet visits, and relying on professional pet sitters, dog walkers and other services. EarthWise strives to become the go-to resource in the communities we operate in so that people can make the best choices for their pets.
How we make money on pet services
- A fast-growing industry. EarthWise Pet Supply has grooming salons as well as self-wash stations where customers can clean their dogs without worrying about the mess. For DIYers, the self-wash stations include towels, shampoo, tubs and tools. For those who want professional grooming, EarthWise provides certified groomers who receive regular training and education. Our average grooming ticket for 2018 was $57.21, a 40.1% increase since 2015, according to our Franchise Disclosure Documents.
- Huge potential to capture market share. Demand for pet grooming is growing fast, but it is a fragmented industry without a clear service leader. EarthWise is striving to become that leader in the communities we serve. By building a recognizable brand that offers exceptional grooming as well as other resources for pet owners, EarthWise pet franchises are well-positioned to grow their market share in a growing industry.
How we make money on the retail side
- Brand built on quality and trust. EarthWise Pet’s retail side focuses exclusively all-natural pet foods and products that deliver superior nutrition, superior play and superior safety for pets. We have relationships with over 100 pet food and pet product makers that produce all-natural products and are laser-focused on quality. This is an area in which big box stores and giant retailers struggle to compete. We’ve been focused on natural pet foods for 30+ years and have seen many pet food makers transform themselves into pet food “manufacturers” in order to produce enough volume to serve retail giants. Inevitably, quality is sacrificed. For EarthWise, quality is paramount. That’s why customers trust us and keep coming back.
- We know how to compete with Amazon. We also offer online ordering and home delivery to make the shopping experience incredibly convenient for customers. You won’t have to worry about a harried customer turning to Amazon Prime just to save themselves some time. We make shopping just as easy. Maybe even easier.
- We are a services hub for pet-lovers. Our expertise goes beyond pet nutrition and pet grooming. We are all-around experts in pet care with deep ties to the communities we serve. Locations regularly host rescue/adoption events. We love animals, and we believe responsible pet ownership includes proper nutrition, regular grooming and vet visits, and relying on professional pet sitters, dog walkers and other services. EarthWise strives to become the go-to resource in the communities we operate in so that people can make the best choices for their pets.
How retail & grooming together beat the overall opportunity
- Our primary revenue streams reinforce one another. Groomers with little or no merchandise and pet supply stores with no grooming salons are missing out on the rich mutual revenue streams each of those segments provide. People who come in for grooming are naturally drawn to our attractively merchandised shelves of all-natural products and pet food. Retail customers are excited by the opportunity to rely on EarthWise as one-stop shopping: Bring in the dog to get spiffed up, stock up on all your dog and cat needs while you’re there, and discover additional pet services that are available when you need them.
To learn more about EarthWise Pet franchise opportunities, fill out the form on this page to download our franchise report. You can also learn more about our brand through our website.