Last Updated: May 24, 2018
3. Collection of Personal Information: We may collect information about you in various ways when you use our websites.
3.1 Information You Provide Voluntarily: We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you provide name, address, email address and telephone number to purchase products or services; register for an account with us; send us an email; or request information. This information may include personal information.
3.2 Additional Information We Collect: We may collect some information automatically when you use our websites. For example, we may track information like your IP address, operating system, browser type, address of a referring website, and your activity on our websites.
We may automatically collect information using cookies or web beacons.
- “Cookies” are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services on our websites.
- “Web beacons” are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on our websites or in emails relating to our websites to collect certain information and monitor user activity on our websites.
The information we collect using these processes can help us improve our websites and your experience. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with, or link it to, any of the personally identifying information mentioned in the section above entitled “Personal Information”. Otherwise, it is used only in the aggregate.
- for purposes of shipping products to you;
- as part of the process of registering you for an account with us;
- to include you on any of our mailing lists to which you subscribe (to provide you with information about our or third party events, activities, offers, promotions, products, services and information we think will be of interest to you);
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of our websites;
- to respond to your emails, questions, comments, requests and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve our websites and our users’ experiences on our websites, such as providing ads, content, or features that match their interests, and to increase our websites’ functionality and user friendliness; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Personal information provided online may be linked together or merged with other personal information so that we may better understand your needs and inform you about our products or services and those of our partners. In addition, if we receive information from third parties with whom we have business relationships, we may combine this information with the other personal information we maintain about you.
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or with legal process or authorities;
- to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, our employees, copyright owners or the public, including without limitation to protect us or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our websites;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our websites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our websites or the services we provide and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We are not responsible for the actions of third party service providers, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to them. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregate information of any kind, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
6. Efforts to Protect Personal Information: We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. You accept this inherent risk.
7. Opt-Out and Delete Options: You may opt-out of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. You may also opt out of marketing emails by updating your user preferences on the appropriate section of our websites (if available). Even after you opt out, you may continue to receive marketing and promotional emails from us for a period of time while we process your opt-out request.